Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Freshly Picked

I had a newspaper journalist contact me regarding a feature they are running on Weddings. They wanted to use some of my images and get some quotes on the current trends in wedding flowers.

The biggest trend in wedding flowers has to be the 'freshly picked' look. Bouquets are loose, natural, unkempt styles that look like they were freshly plucked from the garden.

Since the journalist wasn't quite sure what I meant by 'freshly picked' I whipped up a sample bouquet to show her.

I literally plucked some of the details such as the maiden hair fern, and the gorgeous cream and pink fuchsias out of my garden.

I was so entranced by the bouquet I then proceeded to take a million photos...
But here is just a couple for you of my 'freshly picked' sample bouquet.





The bouquet consists of open avalanche roses (ivory), something special roses (dusky pink), Viviane spray  roses (white), white hydrangea, white freesia, tuber rose, white lisianthus, white and pink fuchsia, bunny tails,  lambs ear foliage, maidenhair fern, and mint leaf. Bound in ivory lace ribbon.
 The key to any good 'freshly picked' style bouquet is the foliage touches, herbs and soft garden style green touches are just perfect.



I would love to recreate this look for one of my clients so if you are interested let me know! We can do it in your choice of colours and varieties so don't feel like you would have to have the pinks and whites like this one. Get in touch and we can chat it out.

~ Emily @ Blossom Wedding Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment